ISLAMABAD : A total of 157,000 Pakistani pilgrims have arrived in Saudi Arabia this year to participate in the Hajj pilgrimage, according to the Ministry of Religious Affairs spokesperson.
Out of the total, 81,000 pilgrims have arrived through the official Hajj scheme, while the remaining 76,000 arrived via the private Hajj scheme.
Ahead of Hajj, there was a significant rush observed at the Kaaba for the last Friday prayer. To manage the crowd, the Saudi administration suspended transportation services early in the morning.
The spokesperson further stated that the Saudi authorities have completed the preparations of Mina and Arafat tents, and the pilgrims will be transported to Mina by buses on Sunday and Monday nights.
The Director General of Hajj informed that 63% of the official Hajj pilgrims will be guided by train, while the remaining 37% will be transported by buses from Mina to Arafat and Muzdalifah.
Additionally, two camp offices of the Pakistan Hajj Mission have been established in Mina, equipped with departments for Missing and Recovery, Guidance, Complaints, and Monitoring, operating round the clock.
Federal Minister for Religious Affairs, Senator Talha Mehmood, will be performing Hajj alongside other pilgrims. Minister Mehmood assured that the pilgrims will receive proper guidance and their complaints will be addressed. He also urged private Hajj group operators to ensure the provision of excellent facilities to their pilgrims.